Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Stich Fix 7

I came home on Tuesday expecting 1 package (lamination pouches...it's crazy how fast I can go through 100!!) on my doormat. I was a little confused when I saw a second package UNDER my doormat... but nevertheless, I let my dog outside to potty and came back to look at the packages to discover... MY STITCH FIX HAD GOTTEN HERE A DAY BEFORE IT'S SCHEDULED DAY!!! It was like Christmas had come a day early (and it IS the Christmas season)... I was so excited!!

Sidenote: I started my last blogpost about what I wanted from Stitch Fix when my fix description of what I wanted was still editable. I left to run errands, came back and finished the post, and posted it.... only to discover that they were already processing my fix, so I couldn't refer them to my blog post. Womp womp. Still, I had a great description (or whatever it's called), just not so detailed. Moving on... here's my fix!!


Shiny. 
My immediate reaction was disappointment because of the lack of fun prints and bright colors. However about 2 seconds later, I got really excited. I don't have many pieces in my closet with these colors. I have plenty of maroons (gig 'em!), but very few fall plum colors.

My first item was this this Sammy Floral Print Blouse, by Skies Are Blue.



I've gotten a lot from this brand, and the pattern was beautiful and very fall/wintery. However, this blouse was HUGE on me. It was a size small supposedly (the tag said 8, Stichfix tag said S), but you can see in the picture below, it ate me alive!

Cute pattern...

WAY too big! Not appropriate for work!
If it was a more casual shirt, maybe the oversized look would be ok. But because this is more of a nice shirt clearly meant for work, it just did not work. It was more low cut then I'd wear even for going out due to its excess size. This one was not a keeper.

My next piece was this Honey Punch Angelina Striped Knit Top.


All I had to do was touch this shirt to know that I was going to keep it. It is SO incredibly soft!!! I could tell it was also going to be a little big, so I grabbed a white cami to wear under it and tried it on. Omg. I was (and am) in love. It's probably too casual for work (even on jean days), but that's ok. I love how it's soft and a cozy sort of loose.

So soft. So cozy. 

My stylist suggested I pair it with this Look by M Prescott Solid Fringe Detail Wrap Scarf. 



I was a little underwhelmed by this plain colored scarf at first. However, it was also incredibly soft. It's large size also means that I can wear it several ways. When it's cold, I usually just wrap it around my neck, like I did below.


I actually ended up having to run out to the store late this night, and ended up wearing the top and scarf!

Next, I tried on this LA MADE Tatum 3/4 Sleeve Striped Tee


It's just the kind of fit I LOVE in a longer-sleeved tee...I just wish it had more fun colors. I was on the fence about this top until the last second! I ultimately decided to keep it, because it was super comfy and I bet I can get away with wearing it to work ;)


Finally, my last piece was the 41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan. 


I don't wear cardigans much, but recently I have been wearing them more. Texas right now is chilly in the mornings (ok...chilly to a Texan is like 50-60) but warmer in the afternoons. A cardigan is perfect for those days, since my classroom is a temp building outside.


I don't have ANYTHING in my closet with this same plum colors, so I grabbed a random top to try it on with the cardigan. I love how I have nothing in my closet like this. I was on the fence about this one too, but decided to keep it. *cough* If you're reading this Stitch Fix stylist, a top to go with it would be ok too :)

All in all, Stitch Fix 7 was different from what I normally get as far as colors go, but I ended up keeping most of it. Can't wait for my next one!!

Until next time...Mischief Managed

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment