Saturday, December 27, 2014

Stich Fix #8

Stich Fix #8 is here! It got to my doorstep the day after Christmas. Hooray!


First impressions? I got excited to see fun prints like chevron and the bird print, as well as the maroon!

First up was this Delphina Striped Knit Top from Papermoon.



My stylist, Allie, said she sent it to me because I liked the fit of this Honey Punch top form my last fix. It was pretty soft, like that top, and slouchy. Before I put it on I put on the same white cami I find myself wearing under a lot of tops now.


Like the top from my last fix, this shirt was super comfy. My stylist said that I could really dress it up with black skinny jeans, booties, and some statement jewelry. I don't own anything but the statement jewelry... so I will have to take her word for it, for now ;). I was on the fence about this top, and still am. I can't decide if I need another casual top like this or not... luckily I don't have to check out until Monday! I have a few days to decide!

Next up was this Trinidad Chevron Print Henley Blouse by 41Hawthorn.


As soon as I saw the print, I was hoping that it would fit! My stylist recommended I try it with my Kensie Ankle Biter jeans. I already had on some jeggings from American Eagle, so I just left those on. I also kept the cami on, since that was how I would be wearing it to work.


Close-Up on the print!
This was definitely a keeper! It was loose, but not too loose, and was super comfy. For work I will definitely pair it with my Kensie Jeans. My stylist also suggested pairing it with a neutral blazer, but I don't own one either! Luckily, teaching clothes are more on the casual side of business casual, at least at my school, so the blazer is not necessary.

Next up was another blouse from 41Hawthorn, this Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse.

 Look familiar? It's nearly the same top as this one from Stitch Fix #2. Allie pulled the top in a similar fit and in pink. I was a little nervous to put it on. That top is still one of my favorites, but it fits slightly tight across my back/shoulders. I have a hard time wearing it with a cami under, which I need to do for work.


Luckily, this fit better. It's hard to see the colors from my iPhone, but the pink is a little brighter than this. As with my other tops, I kept my white cami on under this top, and it was not tight at all. This was definitely another keeper! so comfy and perfect for work. The bold color was perfect for me!

The bird print in my fix ended up being on this Henry Birds on Branch Infinity Scarf by Octavia.


I was a little disappointed to find out that it was another scarf, but I loved the print and color. I decided to try it on with the Filbert shirt I already had on.


It was comfy and looked great with this top! I am still on the fence about the scarf, but I'm leaning more towards keeping it. Allie, if you're reading, I think I may have enough scarves! I need to purge my closet a little bit this winter break ;)

Last up was this maroon dress by Gilli, Genna 3/4 Sleeve Faux Wrap Dress.


I mentioned on the blog a few weeks ago that I wanted more dresses to wear with leggings. I loved the other faux wrap dress I got from Stitch Fix, so I guess that's where Allie was coming from. I was a little apprehensive... it didn't look like my style at all. However, they encourage you to try on everything anyways (plus, it was MAROON!!), so I did. And I LOVED it!



It was a perfect length!! I can wear this to work on warm days without leggings (and I live in Texas... winter is already gone), or on the rare cold day, I can pair it with my favorite leggings, as I did in the bottom picture. This was 100% a keeper!

I still have today, Sunday, and part of Monday to figure out what I am keeping. I am on the fence about the scarf and the striped top. I will probably go through my closet and purge a lot of items today to help me make my final decision.

Until next time...Mischief Managed.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment